One of things we love most at Downtown Dental is joining our patients and other downtown residents and employees to give back to our community. Last year, we teamed up with Barbieri Orthodontics to support the Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee and help fight the battle of hunger in Tennessee.
We were blown away by the way you responded! Downtown Nashville residents and employees donated more than 1,000 items and our office was overflowing with donations. Because of your overwhelming generosity, we believe that together we can make even more of an impact this year!
Because we’re so inspired by the generosity of our patients and other downtown residents and employees, we want to celebrate by giving away a FREE custom teeth whitening kit. Patients who donate 15 food items will receive a custom teeth-whitening kit, including bleaching trays. If you already have a custom teeth whitening, you can donate 10 food items and receive a free tube of prescription-strength whitening bleach.
The Need is Still Overwhelming
While Second Harvest has done incredible things to provide food to those in need in our community, the need is still greater today than ever before…
- There are over 395,000 people in Middle Tennessee who don’t know where their next meal is coming from
- 1 in 6 Tennesseans struggle with hunger
- 1 in 4 children in Tennessee are at risk of suffering from hunger
- 30% of people that receive food from Second Harvest have to choose between food and paying their rent, utilities, or medical bills on a regular basis.
How we can come together to help
Downtown Dental will be collecting food for Second Harvest during the entire month of November (you can see a list of their most need items here). We’re collecting donations whenever our doors are open so you can stop by before work, during your lunch break, or before you head home!
Here are a few easy ways you can join the fight against hunger in Middle Tennessee:
- Grab 10 cans of food from your pantry and bring them with you to work tomorrow.
- Look for sales in the weekly newspaper on nonperishable food items. Who doesn’t like getting the most bang for their buck?
- Buy a box of pasta noodles and bring them to your next dental appointment.
- Pick out your favorite cereal and purchase it for that family in need.
1. Bring food items to Downtown Dental during the month of November.
2. Schedule an appointment to have custom fit trays made if you donate 15 items and want to receive a brighter smile for the holidays.*Note: A recent exam and cleaning is required for safety precautions and to assure there are no contraindications to the procedure.
We realize there are dozens of worthy organizations that you can support during the Holiday season so feel free to bring as many items as you’d like. Every bit makes a difference in the life of someone in our community.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our office at 615-254-1393.