What is TEKSCAN?
Nearly EVERY dental procedure performed impacts occlusion (simply put, the contact between your teeth). Poor occlusion affects the quality of life. Tekscan, or T-Scan, is a tool used by dentists to restore this quality of life. We use dynamic occlusal measurement – revealing the level and timing of force on individual teeth and the occlusal stability of the overall bite.
Do you remember visiting a dentist who had you bite down on bite paper? Our TEKSCAN process replaces that traditional process because old-school bite paper does not measure the intensity or side-favor of your bite.
We use TEKSCAN to:
- Measure imbalances in your bite
- Protect crowns, bridges, and veneers from high forces
- Ensure implants aren’t loading early
- Screen new patients for baseline occlusion and monitor throughout treatment
- Improve efficiency by reducing repeat visits: no more endless bite adjustments!
- Provide the best possible digital radiography (no old school x-rays) for our patients
- Solving origins of ‘mystery’ dental pain that no one can find by addressing the imbalance of your bite